Have you wanted to setup your [email protected] email address and wondered how it’s done? There are four companies that I have found who provide some of the best email service in the industry.
- G Suite by Google. For $5/month per user, you get Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar for business. This gives you all you need to do your best work, together in one package that works seamlessly from your computer, phone or tablet. Gmail spam filtering is legendary. Get Started
- Office 365 by Microsoft. For $12.50/month per user, you get access to Microsoft Exchange email, One Drive, Skype for Business, and constantly updated versions of Microsoft Office. Get Started
- Zoho Workplace by Zoho.com. Starting at free and moving up to $8/month per user Zoho is the upstart competitor of both G Suite and Office 365. Offering Zoho Email, Zoho Docs, and Zoho Calendar along with many other features, I find that the most interesting innovations occur by the underdogs. Get Started
- Fastmail. Starting at $5/month per user, Fastmail has one of the best executed mail, calendar, and contacts solution that is not connected to Google or Microsoft. Get Started.
Once you have signed up for an account with one of these companies you will need to change something called your MX DNS records with your domain registrar. The MX records tell the email servers who want to deliver email to you where to send the email so that you can receive it correctly.
- Google’s instructions on how to setup MX records for G Suite. https://support.google.com/a/answer/174125?hl=en
- Microsoft’s instructions on how to setup MX records for Office 365 https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Gather-the-information-you-need-to-create-Office-365-DNS-records-77F90D4A-DC7F-4F09-8972-C1B03EA85A67#ID0EAACAAA=_Step_1
- Zoho’s instructions on how to setup MX records for Zoho Mail https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/adminconsole/configure-email-delivery.html
- Fastmail’s instructions on how to setup MX records for Fast Mail https://www.fastmail.com/help/receive/domains-setup-mxonly.html
If you have any questions or concerns or would like someone to take care of this process for you, please contact me at (509) 845-2738.